There are many ways in which an IMO Goodwill Maritime Ambassador can share their knowledge and experience. Some activities are listed below, but there may be many other ways in which the Goddwill Maritime Ambassadors can advocate for the maritime and seafaring professions.
- Visit local youth groups or other local community groups to deliver a presentation highlighting the importance of the maritime industry
- Have a stand or give a talk at a local careers forum, community fair or other local event
- Visit local schools and further education colleges
- Engage with local radio, television, or newspapers; offer a “day-in-the-life” view of the Goodwill Maritime Ambassador’s profession
- Give interviews or provide video clips and information about entry routes and the different seafaring education and training programmes
- Write in to local or national newspapers when a story raises issues which touch on the maritime world, tell them your story “as a maritime professional”